Thursday, September 29, 2011

We feel fishing is great

In my case, I never have a good day at work! So a bad day's fishing is great. You're right when you say 'fishing is like that though'. Sometimes I am pretty mad after a bad days fishing, but when i'm at work & think about being out in a boat or sitting on some rocks somewhere peaceful, it does not matter what it's like hahaha!

I managed to get the week off work and made plans with my old man to fish our local harbor today. Even though everything seemed right we just couldn't take a trick and the day ended with a quick run back to the boat ramp to beat one of the tropical storms we get. The fishing was slow and even though we caught a few fish they were all very small. Sometimes fishing is like that though and the uncertainty and challenge is what makes it fun.

Most anglers have heard the saying a bad day fishing beats a good day at work, but what I want to know is if you stand by this saying or not?

Fly fishing is a rewarding way of fishing and even though I am not much good at it I still enjoy my time spent with fly rod in hand. Learning to cast a fly rod is probably one of the hardest learning curves in fishing and I certainly had (or should that be have) my fair share of difficulties. Fortunately these days learning to cast a fly rod is made easier with the Internet and I am going to share the resources that have helped me.

No comments:

Post a Comment