Friday, September 9, 2011

Underwater iPhone 4 Case

My iPhone- even when I can’t immediately share those photos with the world. Because I’ve spent so much time in Algonquin Park this year I upgraded from my usual Ziploc back to a SeaLine E-Case for added protection. It’s a great case, but I’m certainly not about to submerge it intentionally for very long. That’s where the Joy Factory RainBallet comes in to play.
  

Even before I go into the features of this underwater case for the iPhone 4 you’re probably already thinking about price. Aftermarket underwater cases are well-known for being outrageously expensive sometimes exceeding the cost of the device they house. This certainly isn’t true for the RainBallet, this IPX7 (protected against full submersion for 30 minutes at a depth of 1 meter) spec case only costs about 50 bucks. Considering your phone costs upwards of 500 bucks, that’s not a bad price.
  

Overall the Joy Factory RainBallet looks well made, the rubberized front and textured back give a comfortable grip even when wet. It’s bulky, but lightweight and a snug fit for the phone. There are three latches along the top that you have to fully engage before it’s ready for submersion. The handy line around the outside serves as a visual reminder. The touch screen works well through the case, though it does need slightly more pressure. The home button is the only mechanical button that can be depressed once the case is on, though I have been able to depress the power button once or twice I haven’t been able to do it consistently enough to say it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment